Action on the Ground grants - Carbon Farming Futures
The Guidelines for the first funding round of the Federal Government's Carbon Farming Futures program have just been released. Applications can be submitted for funding of up to $605,000, for projects to be carried our by 30 June 2015.
Funding through this Action on the Ground program is for projects that trial ot demonstrate agricultural greenhouse gas emission reductions or carbon sequestration.
- animal management and feed strategies that can reduce methane emissions
- management strategies to reduce soil nitrous oxide emissions, including the use of chemical inhibitors
- planting, rotation, cropping or grazing practices to reduce agricultural greenhouse gas emissions from soil and/or increase carbon stored in soil
- on-farm management practices and abatement technologies to reduce agricultural greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural wastes
- other practices and abatement technologies that can be demonstrated on-farm to have the potential to reduce agricultural greenhouse gas emissions and/or increase carbon stored in soil.
Applications must meet strict requirements: